Monday, June 8, 2009

Real Life Experiences: First Day in the Office

Today was my first day of work. No problems, everyone in the office is super nice and I made the rounds getting introduced.

First thing I did was go to a meeting at the University Architects office to talk about some new sites the office is working. It was amazing to see and hear some behind the scenes talk about new bulidings, planning, etc. Very enlightening.

After I was set up at my desk, my boss, Laurel, set me to work re-designing the cover for the Freshman Orientation guide (you know, that thing that none of us actually read). I cranked out one version and spent the afternoon working on some other variations.

In other important news, Apple released some big ticket items at the World Wide Developer's Conference (WWDC) today. I'm in the market for a new computer, and exercised great self-restraint to wait until this week, and it's a good thing I did. They upped the power and dropped the price, but after doing some research, lots of people aren't happy with some of the performance issues with the models, etc etc. I've yet to make a final decision.

Looking forward to tomorrow.

1 comment: