Wednesday, September 30, 2009

MagCloud and HP: Fantastic customer support

I recently ordered some additional copies of my Penn Station MagCloud I put together this summer.

When the package arrived in the mail, I was frustrated to find that the two copies were creased, bent and unpresentable. They had been shipped in a soft bubble-mailer, seen below, and as you can tell from the picture, the package seems to have been crushed and run over by numerous vehicles before arriving at my house.



I emailed MagCloud and told them what happened. They responded the same day and told me they would be resending the magazines, but this time with the new "velvet glove" shipping option they are beta-testing. I received two follow-up emails asking if I had received the new copies yet, asking for feedback on the condition. The package just arrived today, and MagCloud has completely redeemed themselves for what happened before.

The new copies were shrink-wrapped inside two pieces of cardboard inside a cardboard box with packaging peanuts. A shoddy reenactment of packages opening unfolds below:


1) The package arrived via UPS in a cardboard box.

 
2) The box was filled with packing peanuts.


3) Buried within was this shrink-wrapped piece with cardboard on both sides.


4) Inside the cardboard, inside a paper sleeve were the two magazines, in perfect condition.

I couldn't be happier with the way MagCloud handled this. Thanks to their team for caring so much about making sure I got copies of the magazine without any issues.

Previously: Another MagCloud zine: Passing Through Penn Station, 123 John: A Graphic Memoir

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that was a fantastic way of giving customer support, and speedy too! Luckily, whenever I need customer support for various things, the call center agents who answer my calls are very capable in solving my problems. With a good customer-company relationship, it will increase the chances in having a larger customer base for a certain company.

    ReplyDelete